Ghost of Tsushima is an upcoming samurai game officially announced on July 17, 2020. It’s an action-adventure stealth game from a third-person perspective, featuring a large open world without any waypoints and can be explored without guidance. Ghost Of Tsushima will launch exclusively on the PS4. It is unlikely for Ghost Of Tsushima to be released for other platforms, such as PC and Xbox One, as developer Sucker Punch is a subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
The 18-minutes gameplay of the upcoming Ghost of Tsushima game impressed most viewers, but also opened a number of new questions. Develepment studio Sucker Punch strives to be transparent, so it answered such questions via an article on the official PlayStation blog.
Among other things, we learned the following:
- Weapons such as axes and spears will not be used in the game, but the sword will be the main weapon with an accompanying arsenal consisting of bows, smoke bombs, throwing knives, etc.
- The Sword will be able to improve both in appearance and in performance.
- There will be no possibility of using two weapons at the same time.
- The game will have a dynamic change of day and night and weather conditions, but some missions and locations will have predefined weather conditions and time of day.
- There will be three difficulty settings: Easy, Normal and Hard, but no setting will increase an opponent’s energy level – Jin’s sword will be equally deadly on both Easy and Hard difficulty.
- In addition to the main story, there will be side missions, each will have its own plot, but will not affect the main story, but will give a broader context to the world in which the game takes place.
- There will be no different endings of the game.
- Jin is the only character you will play with in Ghost of Tsushima game.
- The duration of the game is not specified, but its creators say it took testers about a week to bring it to an end.
- There will be no swimming or boating in this adventure.
- Jin will use the same (one) horse through whole game, which player chooses at the very beginning of the game.
- In addition to human opponents, Jin will be able to fight some animals and gather resources from them to upgrade equipment.
Ghost of Tsushima will be the last big exclusive game released for the PS4 system.
SEE THE TOP 5 GAMES FOR PS4 COMING OUT ON JULY, 2020 – HERE