Do you remember the good old Crash Team Racing on Play Station 1? A game that kept us behind the TV screen for hours and hours, hanging out with friends and competing in kart racing. One of the most popular games on the Play Station, you probably already know, got its remaster on Play Station 4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch in Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.
It’s about kart racing in single player and multiplayer mode. The game supports local quick races and grand prix circuits, multiple battle modes, and online multiplayer, as well as featuring a full adventure mode with new areas, characters and boss battles being unlocked as the player progresses.
The main differences between original and remaster?
- Graphics – First of all, since the original game came out in 1999 on Play Station 1, you can imagine the difference in graphics between the original and the remaster that came out in 2019 on Play station 4. The game graphically looks very nice and appealing.
- Playable characters – Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled features 56 playable characters including every racer from the original game and bunch more unlockable characters from te prior Crash games, boss opponents, characters from Spyro series etc.
- Kart vehicle customizing – Unlike the original game, kart vehicles can be customized in Pit Stop, buying new bodies, rims, colors etc. There are many new kart vehicles and other accessories in the game that can be unlocked at the Pit Stop.
- Character skins – In addition to unlockable characters, kart vehicles, also new in remaster is unlocking various character skins, both through the game and in the Pit Stop.
- Pit Stop – Pit stop is a place where you unlock new characters, skins, kart vehicles, etc. Unlocking requires in game currencies that you earn simply by playing the game, any of its modes. Of course, you can also buy in game currencies through microtransactions.
- Online Multiplayer – Logically, at the time the original game came out, this option was not possible. In Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled multiplayer mode is very represented and very interesting in which you compete against other players online for hours and hours.
Is Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled worth buying?
Definitely. The game has a lot of content and various game modes, both in single player mode and in multiplayer mode. Also, in addition to offline play (single or co op), it is possible to play online against other players, which is always very interesting. The ability to unlock other playable characters, skins, kart vehicles, also keeps you going for hours and hours longer earning money for necessary additions and upgrades. So, I must to admit that the game really awakens memories.